Tag: 50 Facts About Myself
Hi Friends,
You must be wondering where did all my old posts and blog went? Well, I shifted all my old posts to an archive blog. I had decided to start anew and afresh with my current blog, just in time for 2014 :)
Since this is my first post on my "newly renovated" blog, I would love to start off on a fun note and what can be better than doing this fun tag which allows you all to know more about me? :D
You must be wondering where did all my old posts and blog went? Well, I shifted all my old posts to an archive blog. I had decided to start anew and afresh with my current blog, just in time for 2014 :)
Since this is my first post on my "newly renovated" blog, I would love to start off on a fun note and what can be better than doing this fun tag which allows you all to know more about me? :D
- I'm born and raised in Singapore which is a small first world country in Southeast Asia, near the equator and just below Malaysia. Singapore is NOT found in China :) Singapore was once a British Colony and I'm proud to say that we are part of the Commonwealth countries.
- I'm born on 22nd April 1994 :)
- I'm a female.
- Even though my birth certificate states that I'm a Chinese, I'm actually a Peranakan (Nyonya) and my paternal family roots are actually Malacca Peranakans. My paternal family ancestors have been in Singapore since the British Colony.
- My maternal family roots are from China. My mother is a second generation Singaporean.
- My family are the most important people to me and in my life. I cherish my family more than anything in my life. I'm a very family-oriented person
- I feel that health and family is most important so much more than success, riches, etc.
- I'm the middle child of my family. I have an older sister and younger sister.
- My extended family and I are extremely close that my cousins, sisters and I actually consider each other as sisters :)
- I would visit my paternal grandmother every Sunday evening for a family dinner with my paternal external family. I love this weekly family gathering a lot.
- I am currently single haha
- I'm from an English speaking home hence I'm more comfortable speaking and writing in English.
- I can speak and write fluent English and mandarin Chinese.
- I'm trying to learn Malay and Japanese.
- I would love to learn French, German and Italian.
- I love music a lot and according to my elder sister, I started singing at the age of 2 and the first song I sang was "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion.
- I'm always singing love songs from young (Spice Girls, Britney Spears, Corrs, Westlife, etc) instead of nursery rhymes and I actually do not know most nursery rhymes.
- I started performing on stage to a live audiences from the age of 3. My first performance was singing and dancing.
- My childhood dream (which I'm still holding on to, hoping and wishing) is to be a singer and to tour the world performing and singing in front of live audiences.
- I've always wanted to start a YouTube channel and post videos of me singing but I haven't gain enough confidence to do it yet as I'm afraid of any potential negative feedbacks. My goal is to post videos of my singing on YouTube one day so that I can realise my dream.
- I was in my school choir when I was 3-4 and then from Primary 3 (8/9) to JC 2 (18). That's a great 10 years having choir as my co-curricular activities. I was always selected to perform on stage for every performance, every year.
- I was in Soprano in my Primary School Choir, Alto 1 for 3 months (for the Singapore Youth Festival Central Judging as they did not have enough people in Alto. Immediately after that competition, I was transferred to Soprano 1 by my instructor), Soprano 1 from Secondary 1 to JC2 (except for 1 performance where I was Soprano 2 as there wasn't enough people in Soprano 2 and I was overpowering the choir at Soprano 1).
- My choir instructors classify my voice type as a Soprano but I do not know the exact sub type.
- I have an approximately 3.5 octaves vocal range (Eb3 to G6) and I do not have any professional solo vocal training
- I do not know how to use whistle register for singing. I'm currently trying to master mixed voice.
- I was nicknamed "Loud hailer" by my choir instructor in secondary 3 and 4 as I was very loud and constantly overpowering the choir.
- I was made to play the recorder by my school since I was 8/9 and I picked it up quite fast and was made to perform on stage.
- I started playing the violin on 20th April 2008 and within half a year, I progressed through the Suzuki book 1 to 4 and jumped straight to ABRSM Grade 5.
- My violin teacher is from China and she's the reason why my Mandarin Chinese improved a lot since I started my lessons.
- I played the violin in a small band for my form teacher's wedding when I was 16.
- I believe that I'm musically inclined as I pick up Music and Music instruments rather quickly.
- I love green tea so much that I love eating anything with green tea, ocha and matcha. I'll try anything with green tea.
- I would prefer dark chocolate to white chocolate. My favourite brand of chocolate is Godiva, followed by Ferrero Roche, Ritter Sports, Frey and TimeOut.
- 365 Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best chocolate chips cookies I had tried so far. The best part is that it's not over-price and very affordable.
- I tend to collect stationaries with musical notes and instruments-anything that links it to music.
- When I was a kid, I used to collect cards with pretty patterns-phone cards, etc. I also used to collect cute and pretty notebooks.
- I do not like travelling long distances to go to school so all my schools are quite near to my home.
- I used to have Mandarin Chinese tuition when I was Primary 1 to 5 and that's the only tuition that I had throughout my education years.
- I love dogs and hamsters. I used to have a puppy named "Jar Jar" when I was 3-5 but my dad gave him away when we moved as there wasn't enough space for him to grow and run around in our new home. I used to have hamsters when I was in Primary School but they died. I used to have turtles too but my dad gave them away when they grew too large.
- I first own a mobile phone (handphone) when I was 9.
- I first own an iPod when I was 17.
- I first own my own laptop (which is a tablet PC from Asus) when I was 19 and just entered university.
- I'm currently a freshman in my local university and I just completed my first semester of university.
- I've been to Gold Coast Australia (June 2002 with my family), Malacca (with family and once with school in Dec 2006), Genting Highlands (with family), Vietnam (with school in March 2010) and Shanghai (with school in Dec 2011). I'm going to Bangkok for this first time this Dec.
- I want to travel around Europe especially to UK and Paris in France.
- I would love to tour the world once.
- I used to feel very grown up when I receive and open a letter through the letterbox / mailbox.
- I tend to finish all my rice / noodles first before eating the dishes.
- I have to shower, bush my teeth, floss my teeth and do 50-100 crunches before I sleep.
- I had the inspiration to start up a fitness / health blog during my examinations. I wanted to share my knowledge on what I have learnt in my Pharmacy University course as I thought that the knowledge I learnt should not be kept to myself and I should share it with everyone. Everyone should have the chance to learn what I learn as health is the most important.

Comments
Post a Comment