New Year's HERE

Hi friends :D



Since new year is here, has everyone made their new year resolutions? For starters, I have!

My results for my first semester came out on Christmas eve. It was really the worse Christmas present I ever received but it definitely achieved its purpose of shocking me and it really made me reflect and reminded me that I cannot be so complacent anymore.

All along I have been at the top of my game, throughout secondary school and JC years. Suddenly, I felt like I was thrown into the ocean and little by little I realised that I was all along only a big fish in a small pond!

Being in NUS Pharmacy is never an easy path-competitive and challenging coupled with a very step bell curve. The truth of what goes on inside was never revealed.

Initially, I thought maintaining a CAP of 4.0 was easy as it requires me to get average of B+ for everything. How wrong I was. I started on the wrong foot for my semester in university and I do not intend to do likewise for 2014.

Although academically wise, 2013 wasn't very smooth-sailing, there are still other bittersweet moments.

This is my quick flashback and thoughts of the some major events in 2013

Firstly, was my temp contract job as a QA Assistant / Customer Service (QA) Assistant. Admittedly, I liked doing the customer service job scope more than QA. It made me realised that I'm more of a person-person interaction kind of person haha.

Secondly, I got my A Level results :D B for H1 GP, A for H1 Chinese, A for H1 PW, A for H2 Chemistry, A for H2 Math, B for H2 Biology and B for H2 Econ. Although initially I was very disappointed with my Biology, I did well for my econ (S in prelims).

Thirdly, I had my first try as a private tutor teaching Chemistry for 4 tuition kids at once (my highest concurrent record). It was tough and yet fulfilling at the same time.

Fourth, after many rounds of selection, I was offered the MOHH Health Science & Nursing Scholarship for Pharmacy (even before I got into NUS Pharmacy). It was one of my glorious moments but mainly I was grateful and elated that I was able to ease my mum's financial burden. Deep down, I know that this achievement could not have been possible without my family's unwavering support, encouragement and believe in me as well as my teachers' patient nurturing and educating. Award Ceremony on 30 Jul.


Fifth, I got into NUS Pharmacy. I was overjoyed as it meant that I secured my scholarship. Another reason was that I wasn't a straight As student from the GCE A Levels and yet I got into a traditionally straight As course! 

Sixth, the scholarship induction program (8 Jul to 9 Jul) and the 3D2N camp at Pulau Ubin (10 Jul to 12 Jul). We stayed at the camp site with no clean drinking water, no shower, we had to start up our own fire in order to cook our own meals and we had to sleep in a tent on a beach. Coupled with the demands of the physical activities in the day, it was physically and mentally draining and a true test of our endurance levels. On the bright side, this allowed us to establish long lasting friendship that we relied on for encouragement and support throughout the grueling camp.

Seventh, NUS Pharmacy FOW (29 Jul to 2 Aug). I established long lasting friendships that help me through my first semester and hopefully it can last beyond the 7 semesters to come :)

My clique that i hang out with in school :D

Eighth, Inter-profession Project (IPE). I met awesome groupmates that shared happiness and woes together :) We became close friends.

Ninth, Xperience Pharmacy 2013 (11 Dec to 13 Dec). It was my first time being an OGL and I was given the honour to be a chief OGL, heading my team of 2 other OGLs and 17 OGM :D I'm proud to say that my OG-Skelett came in 3rd overall :)

Tenth and last but not least, our first family trip for more than 7 years, Bangkok Trip (23 Dec to 27 Dec). A full length post will be up soon regarding this trip to Bangkok ;)


My 2014 New Year Resolution

Academia wise,
1) Obtain a CAP of 4.0 and above
2) Study harder and with consistent studying
3) Do mind map / notes after each lecture / day
4) Choose correct electives that I enjoy and can score well.
5) Score at least A- for all my modules
6) Study ahead of exams; no last minute studying
7) Revise regularly
8) Recap whatever learnt in school daily upon reaching home.
9) Complete all lecture exercises and tutorials; no last minute work
10) Do not slack off.
11) Try to study during breaks
12) Create weekly study schedule.
13) Read lecture notes before going to lectures
14) Attend all classes
15) Create concert outlines & study guides

Music wise,
1) Practise my singing regularly (Try to achieve mixed voice and vocal control)
2) Join NUS Choir / undergo vocal training ONLY IF I can cope with my studies
3) Practise violin daily
4) ABRSM Violin Grade 5 Distinction
5) Music Theory

Lifestyle
1) Study for 45min blocks with 15min breaks in between
2) Drink cup of water first thing every morning
3) Drink more water
4) Eat more healthily and more healthy food
5) Cut down on fast food and eat more fruit and veg
6) Exercise regularly
7) Have regular sleep hours (Early to bed, early to rise)
8) Sleep at least 7h daily.
9) Clean and keep my room tidy
10) Cut down on procrastination
11) Spend more time with family and communicate more
12) Express my feelings and thoughts more often
13) Harmonious and healthy family
14) Don't bear grudges. Forgive and forget.
15) Spend money wisely. Save up for rainy days

BONUS RESOLUTIONS (Taken from Bubzbeauty)
1) Enjoy life now
2) Mind your own business
3) Use your mouth carefully
4) Live with appreciation
5) Stop comparing
6) Let go of the past
7) Do yourself a favour and forgive
8) Love yourself
9) Accept that not everyone will like you
10) Give out more and receive more
11) Stop worrying
12) Teach to learn. Learn to teach






Comments

Popular Posts