From My Heart: Meeting Brooke from the World of Wanderlust
Hello lovelies!!
Even though I write about my daily highlights in "My Everyday" series, I would love to share this in advance.
I had the opportunity and honour to meet my inspiration and favourite blogger of all time - Brooke Saward (creator of the World of Wanderlust) while she was in Singapore on 11th February 2015. It was so surreal as she inspired me so much and in so many ways.
When I was considering to apply for Summer School more than a year ago, I chanced upon her blog which inspired me to travel. If I didn't discover her blog, I may not have went to Summer School alone and I definitely would not have attempted to travel solo. She inspired me so much and she changed my life.
After reading some of her posts, I was inspired by her and signed up for summer school with Ludwig Maximillian University of Munich (LMU) alone. I flew in early and travelled around Munich solo before the summer school started. The school brought me from Munich to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. Afterwards, I went to Italy with a few summer schoolmates (Venice, Burano, Florence, Vernazza and Rome) before heading to London alone. To be honest, I preferred travelling alone or with my family and without knowing Brooke, I could have missed out on this wonderful opportunity. I had the time of my life and I can't wait to start travelling all over again. She opened my eyes and heart to the gorgeous and big world out there. For that, I would love to thank her with all my heart - words cannot sufficiently express my gratitude to her. She also inspired and motivated me to start blogging again. I have learnt so much from travelling and from her.
Here's some of the things I learnt from Brooke: (PS: I could go on and on)
"The meetup was at the sofas in the main lobby of the Intercontinental hotel and it started at about 5.05pm. When I first saw Brooke, I was so excited that I nearly broke into tears. She had taught me so much, inspired me so much and in so many ways. It was a pretty relaxing meetup whereby we sat together and shared our stories, experiences and thoughts. I was overjoyed that I got to sit beside her through the whole meetup. To be honest, this was the very first meetup that I've ever been to as Brooke really means a lot to me. I was genuinely pleasantly surprised that she asked for me and thanked me for the support for the past year. She was so lovely and she even wrote a little note in my brand new travel journal as well as a video message to my sisters who couldn't make it. After the meetup, we took some photos together and chatted a while more before she had to rush off for her next appointment. Despite the huge success she achieved, she was really very genuine, kind, caring, helpful, sweet, inspiring, encouraging, down-to-earth, friendly, adorable and simply lovable. I could go on for ages about how much she taught and inspired me as well as how genuine and lovely she was. I would love to meet her again as well as to travel the world like her and maybe even with her. It feels so surreal and I can't believe that I met her. When I got home, Brooke surprised me again by following me on Twitter. She made my day super special." -Excerpt from my February's "My Everyday".
Even though I write about my daily highlights in "My Everyday" series, I would love to share this in advance.
I had the opportunity and honour to meet my inspiration and favourite blogger of all time - Brooke Saward (creator of the World of Wanderlust) while she was in Singapore on 11th February 2015. It was so surreal as she inspired me so much and in so many ways.
When I was considering to apply for Summer School more than a year ago, I chanced upon her blog which inspired me to travel. If I didn't discover her blog, I may not have went to Summer School alone and I definitely would not have attempted to travel solo. She inspired me so much and she changed my life.
After reading some of her posts, I was inspired by her and signed up for summer school with Ludwig Maximillian University of Munich (LMU) alone. I flew in early and travelled around Munich solo before the summer school started. The school brought me from Munich to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. Afterwards, I went to Italy with a few summer schoolmates (Venice, Burano, Florence, Vernazza and Rome) before heading to London alone. To be honest, I preferred travelling alone or with my family and without knowing Brooke, I could have missed out on this wonderful opportunity. I had the time of my life and I can't wait to start travelling all over again. She opened my eyes and heart to the gorgeous and big world out there. For that, I would love to thank her with all my heart - words cannot sufficiently express my gratitude to her. She also inspired and motivated me to start blogging again. I have learnt so much from travelling and from her.
Here's some of the things I learnt from Brooke: (PS: I could go on and on)
- It is perfectly fine to travel alone and that the world isn't as scary as it seem to be
- Solo travel can be more fun that travelling in a group
- The world is a much bigger and exciting place.
- Appreciating every little thing in life especially family and friends.
- Living life to the fullest
- Stepping out of our comfort zone or safety bubble could lead to an adventure of our lifetime.
- Explore the world
- Exploring your hometown can lead to you (re)discovering gems that you have never noticed before.
- The joys of travelling
- Do not be afraid to follow our dreams
- To believe and persevere even when the going gets tough
- To be genuine and true to ourselves and everyone.
- To always look at the bright side of things.
- To pursue your dream and do what you are good at. Find your niche area and explore.
- Appreciating each and every day
Since she means a lot to me, I was really excited and elated to hear about the meetup and that I got to meet her (that I almost cried). The meet-up took place in Intercontinental Hotel at Bugis and it was a group of us sitting around sharing our travel stories and experiences for about an hour. I learnt so much from Brooke and the others; it really re-inspire me to travel and blog. It was awesome meeting Brooke (I was awestruck and starstruck when I saw Brooke) and the other like-minded people. Despite the success she had achieved, she was still very genuine, friendly, kind, down-to-earth, humble and inspiring.
Coincidentally, I was the same age as Brooke when we first travelled solo. Whenever I see her blog or posts on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or Twitter, I feel like I'm travelling with her (even though I'm in school). She inspires me so much and I long to be able to travel the world like her and with her. I can't wait to meet her and see her again. She's a star and I really wish I could be her close friend. Take care and I love you, Brooke XOXO.

Comments
Post a Comment