My Everyday: Highlights of February 2015
Hello lovelies!! Welcome to February's "My Everyday"! I'm very sorry for posting this so late but I hope that you'll understand and bear with me as it was my midterms CA last week.
When I logged in to edit, finalised and publish this post, I saw some sweet messages on my cbox from some of you that I would love to give a shoutout to - Sheila and Lin! Thank you very much for your sweet messages and encouragements ♡ I really do appreciate and cherish them :)
I'm very sorry for not being able to post my travel blogs but I promise that I will publish them during my summer break. Please don't get mad at me >.< I didn't expect that school will be so busy this semester but I promise that I will post more frequently during my holidays.
When I logged in to edit, finalised and publish this post, I saw some sweet messages on my cbox from some of you that I would love to give a shoutout to - Sheila and Lin! Thank you very much for your sweet messages and encouragements ♡ I really do appreciate and cherish them :)
I'm very sorry for not being able to post my travel blogs but I promise that I will publish them during my summer break. Please don't get mad at me >.< I didn't expect that school will be so busy this semester but I promise that I will post more frequently during my holidays.
1st February 2015, Sunday
Today was a pretty relaxed Sunday. I helped my mum book some tickets, attempted to remove my stuff from my younger sister's laptop and wrote some of my notes. My mum cooked chicken sausage and prawns spaghetti for lunch which was awesome. But my highlight of today will definitely be my family dinner at my grandma's home. We reached my grandma's home at about 7 pm and I stood with my grandma at her balcony while we chatted and watched the sunset. Watching sunrise and sunset just make me feel really happy.
I love seeing my grandma and my entire family eating dinner together and chat. My grandma and grandaunt cooked lemak, lor bak, fried fish, fried chicken wings and broccoli with prawns. I was rather worried about my grandma (she has been having bouts of giddiness) and everyone discussed about Val's JC choices. My older sister and I had a late night Documentary session on pets which was narrated by one of my favourite actors - David Tennant.
I love seeing my grandma and my entire family eating dinner together and chat. My grandma and grandaunt cooked lemak, lor bak, fried fish, fried chicken wings and broccoli with prawns. I was rather worried about my grandma (she has been having bouts of giddiness) and everyone discussed about Val's JC choices. My older sister and I had a late night Documentary session on pets which was narrated by one of my favourite actors - David Tennant.
2nd February 2015, Monday.
I had lab today and I teamed up with Amanda as usual but we couldn't finish on time so we had to copy Jun Jie's and Gracie's results. After lab, Amanda, Gracie, Jun Jie, Mei Fang and I had lunch together at UTown Koufu before heading for lecture. Gracie sat beside me in lecture and I enjoyed talking to her about choir. It just makes me miss my chorister days. After school, I walked to Clementi and bumped into Alvin halfway. I bought dinner for my sister and I (Shilin Chicken for my older sister, Popiah and Beancurd for me and all 3 of us had soy milk). We had a great chat together with loads of laughter and I was very relieved and happy to hear that my grandma is healthy. At about midnight, I finally submitted 2 of my summer programme applications and looked through our group work on Google Doc before sleeping.
3rd February 2015, Tuesday
My mum was awake and in the kitchen when I got out of bed this morning. I was very disoriented today due to the late sunrise. Even though I was about 5 min late, the lecturer didn't start until 15 min later due to technical errors. It was really heart-warming to see my good friends saving a seat for me and welcoming me with smiles. We had lunch together at the Science canteen before heading to the Science library to study for a while before our lecture starts. Even though I had an entire bottle of Ayataka green tea, I could barely stay awake during lecture so I bought Popcorn Chicken from the Western stall. After our lecture ended, Nic, Siyun, Wee Kiat, YX, Justin and I walked to the MRT together before heading home . I bought dinner for my sister and I (KFC Original Rice Bucket for my older sister while I had a Taro Pie). My tailbone issue has been irritating me more than usual today. I had to borrow my younger sister's laptop for a while as I sent my laptop to repair (again). My younger sister and I exercised together and she kindly baked us honey roasted wings for supper
4th February 2015, Wednesday
My older sister woke me up this morning for breakfast but I had to go to school so my sisters kindly bought McDonald's take-away (Sausage McMuffin with Egg meal) for me and met me at the train station! We took the train together but in different carriages. I met Hafiz at the bus stop. When our first lecture ended, we (YX, Nic, Justin, Siyun, Jing Yi, Wenya, Weimin and Shu Lei) walked to UTown together but it rained halfway and we ran to the shelter at UTown. After our last lecture of the day, I walked to AYE and took 963 to Marsiling to meet my sisters at the hair salon. We had lunch/dinner together (at the Malay stall in Marsiling - I had black pepper chicken rice) before heading home (with ice cream from the mall near home).
I was really excited, happy and proud of my younger sister who managed to secure a spot in her first choice's foundation programme. While completing January's post, I drank my favourite Yogi Green Tea which the QOTD was, "I am beautiful, I am bountiful, I am blissful". I pondered for ages before deciding on the name of this series to be "My Everyday". My travel posts will be under "Wanderlust" (which I decided earlier) and the rest are pretty self-explanatory. I feel very guilty for not posting as frequent as I would love to due to school commitments.
I was really excited, happy and proud of my younger sister who managed to secure a spot in her first choice's foundation programme. While completing January's post, I drank my favourite Yogi Green Tea which the QOTD was, "I am beautiful, I am bountiful, I am blissful". I pondered for ages before deciding on the name of this series to be "My Everyday". My travel posts will be under "Wanderlust" (which I decided earlier) and the rest are pretty self-explanatory. I feel very guilty for not posting as frequent as I would love to due to school commitments.
5th February 2015, Thursday
My day started off with Microbiology lab this morning and sadly, Amanda and I didn't manage to spot anything on our microscope even with the help of the TA. Jun Jie sneaked a selfie / wefie of our bench besties during the lab.
After lab, Si Yun, Tiff, Joel and I had lunch together in the Science canteen (Ginseng Chicken Soup) before walking over to UTown together. Since we had time to spare, we sat in Food Clique and chatted. It was lovely spending time to get to know them more and catching up. Furthermore, this is the very first time that the 4 of us sat together during lecture.
After school, I walked to Clementi with Alvin and bought Seafood Paella for dinner. I then headed back to the mall near home and went to NTUC before heading to McDonald's to meet my sister. Coincidentally, I met Aunt Joanne and Steph and it was great fun chatting with them. Kim and I bought double chocolate frappe before going home for dinner with my older sister (which included ah ma's lemak). After dinner, I called ah ma :)
After school, I walked to Clementi with Alvin and bought Seafood Paella for dinner. I then headed back to the mall near home and went to NTUC before heading to McDonald's to meet my sister. Coincidentally, I met Aunt Joanne and Steph and it was great fun chatting with them. Kim and I bought double chocolate frappe before going home for dinner with my older sister (which included ah ma's lemak). After dinner, I called ah ma :)
6th February 2015, Friday
Today started rather rough with a huge storm in the morning. The trains slowed down and there were train delays. I was 15 min late for my lecture and I felt really guilty and embarrassed. After the lecture, some of us rushed over to FASS for our elective but Yi Xuan and I were almost late as we couldn't get on A1. We took 95 and walked all the way in. After the lecture, Yixuan and I decided to brave the long queue and bought Yong Tau Foo at The Deck. But I felt it was worth the wait. After lunch, we headed back to FoS and played Fossball (even though I wanted to study).
When our school day ended (after a 3h Pharmacology lecture), I went with the Pharm YEP people and Kaixin to Marina Square (We took the circle line to Harbourfront followed by Northeast line to Chinatown and lastly Downtown line to Promenade) Even though it sounds crazy, it was great fun and I enjoyed talking to and getting to know more of my classmates. Afterwards, I met my older sister at Olive Vine (Marina Square B1-17) for dinner. I had Grilled Fish Deluxe Set while my older sister had Chicken Cutlet Curry Deluxe Set.
After purchasing some chocolates from M&S, we headed over to Esplanade for the concert - NUSChoir's and The Graduate Singers' Varsity Voices 2015: Stars. I really enjoyed the concert and it really renewed my motivation to continue singing. There were a few songs that touched my heart and made me teared up -the music was beautiful.
After the concert, I stayed back and met more Pharm friends, Daniel, Hannah, Mabel, Mr Adyll, Kuek Jing, Joel and Grace. It really meant a lot to me to meet them especially Mr Adyll, Hannah and Mabel as they had been my tutors and mentors who taught me so much, encouraged, motivated and believed in me all these years. I'm really grateful for having all these people, family and friends in my life. My older sister and I reached home about 11.30 pm.
When our school day ended (after a 3h Pharmacology lecture), I went with the Pharm YEP people and Kaixin to Marina Square (We took the circle line to Harbourfront followed by Northeast line to Chinatown and lastly Downtown line to Promenade) Even though it sounds crazy, it was great fun and I enjoyed talking to and getting to know more of my classmates. Afterwards, I met my older sister at Olive Vine (Marina Square B1-17) for dinner. I had Grilled Fish Deluxe Set while my older sister had Chicken Cutlet Curry Deluxe Set.
After purchasing some chocolates from M&S, we headed over to Esplanade for the concert - NUSChoir's and The Graduate Singers' Varsity Voices 2015: Stars. I really enjoyed the concert and it really renewed my motivation to continue singing. There were a few songs that touched my heart and made me teared up -the music was beautiful.
After the concert, I stayed back and met more Pharm friends, Daniel, Hannah, Mabel, Mr Adyll, Kuek Jing, Joel and Grace. It really meant a lot to me to meet them especially Mr Adyll, Hannah and Mabel as they had been my tutors and mentors who taught me so much, encouraged, motivated and believed in me all these years. I'm really grateful for having all these people, family and friends in my life. My older sister and I reached home about 11.30 pm.
7th February 2015, Saturday
Today was a very lazy day for me and surprisingly, I slept for 11 h and woke up at 2 pm. I had oats with instant organic soy milk and green apple for lunch. My mum heated up some bee hoon, fried rice, oatmeal fish and black carrot cake for dinner.
8th February 2015, Sunday
I woke up at about 10.30 am but I went back to sleep and woke up at about 1 pm. After vacuum-ing the floor, I left home for my violin lesson with a packed lunch that my mum made (steamed char siew bun, 2 siew mai and a bottle of homemade Chrysanthemum Tea). My violin lessons went as per usual but I was slightly late. After my lesson, I walked to the station and took the train home. I washed the fans and packed some of my stuff before heading to my grandma's for dinner.
CY and CM were already there. My grandma and grandaunt cooked 2 types of vegetables (cai xin and brocoli with shrimps), nuggets, chicken curry, fried fish, pork with liver, fried egg, steamed toufu with minced pork, tang cai and barley drink. I love spending time with my family ♡ To be honest, I was really excited and happy when Brooke replied my tweet.
CY and CM were already there. My grandma and grandaunt cooked 2 types of vegetables (cai xin and brocoli with shrimps), nuggets, chicken curry, fried fish, pork with liver, fried egg, steamed toufu with minced pork, tang cai and barley drink. I love spending time with my family ♡ To be honest, I was really excited and happy when Brooke replied my tweet.
9th February 2015, Monday
Since I did not have lab work this morning, my sisters and I had lunch at Popeyes before I headed to school.
I met Wei Min and Yun Hao in the bus. I was really touched that my friends reserve a seat for me (I was about a minute late). Furthermore, I was really excited as my all-time favourite blogger just came to Singapore - Brooke Saward. After school, I walked to Clementi mall to purchase my sisters' dinner (Spanish Paella) before heading to the mall near home to try Mr Bean's spicy minced chicken with beancurd.
I met Wei Min and Yun Hao in the bus. I was really touched that my friends reserve a seat for me (I was about a minute late). Furthermore, I was really excited as my all-time favourite blogger just came to Singapore - Brooke Saward. After school, I walked to Clementi mall to purchase my sisters' dinner (Spanish Paella) before heading to the mall near home to try Mr Bean's spicy minced chicken with beancurd.
10th February 2015, Tuesday
Today was a relatively long and busy day for me. I had to travel from FoS to FASS and back to FoS. But I'm grateful for the company - Xeus, Aliah, Karmen and Charmaine. We had lunch together at FASS before heading back to FoS. I attempted to complete the tutorial within 1h (a tough feat). School ended at about 3pm (to my surprise) and I met my younger sister as she got off work before heading home.
11th February 2015, Wednesday - One of the best day of February 2015.
I was really excited and elated the whole of today as Brooke arranged for a meetup today. After school, I had lunch with YX, Nic and Siyun before heading to Habourfront to purchase Brooke a little gift followed by taking 145 to Bugis. I sat in the McDonald's at Bugis+ for about 45min (writing her a little handmade card) before heading to the Intercontinental Hotel at about 4pm.
The meetup was at the sofas in the main lobby of the Intercontinental hotel and it started at about 5.05pm. When I first saw Brooke, I was so excited that I nearly broke into tears. She had taught me so much, inspired me so much and in so many ways. It was a pretty relaxing meetup whereby we sat together and shared our stories, experiences and thoughts. I was overjoyed that I got to sit beside her through the whole meetup. To be honest, this was the very first meetup that I've ever been to as Brooke really means a lot to me. I was genuinely pleasantly surprised that she asked for me and thanked me for the support for the past year. She was so lovely and she even wrote a little note in my brand new travel journal as well as a video message to my sisters who couldn't make it. After the meetup, we took some photos together and chatted a while more before she had to rush off for her next appointment. Despite the huge success she achieved, she was really very genuine, kind, caring, helpful, sweet, inspiring, encouraging, down-to-earth, friendly, adorable and simply lovable. I could go on for ages about how much she taught and inspired me as well as how genuine and lovely she was. I would love to meet her again as well as to travel the world like her and maybe even with her. It feels so surreal and I still can't believe that I met her.
After the meetup, Rachel, Brenda and I headed to Subway at Bugis Junction for dinner. We chatted until about 8pm when we finally head home.When I got home, Brooke surprised me again by following me on Twitter. She made my day super special. I love it when she replies my comments on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Tweets on Twitter :) (PS: Just to put it out there, I'm not some stalker or anything haha. I just genuinely see her as my inspiration and I adore and admire her)
The meetup was at the sofas in the main lobby of the Intercontinental hotel and it started at about 5.05pm. When I first saw Brooke, I was so excited that I nearly broke into tears. She had taught me so much, inspired me so much and in so many ways. It was a pretty relaxing meetup whereby we sat together and shared our stories, experiences and thoughts. I was overjoyed that I got to sit beside her through the whole meetup. To be honest, this was the very first meetup that I've ever been to as Brooke really means a lot to me. I was genuinely pleasantly surprised that she asked for me and thanked me for the support for the past year. She was so lovely and she even wrote a little note in my brand new travel journal as well as a video message to my sisters who couldn't make it. After the meetup, we took some photos together and chatted a while more before she had to rush off for her next appointment. Despite the huge success she achieved, she was really very genuine, kind, caring, helpful, sweet, inspiring, encouraging, down-to-earth, friendly, adorable and simply lovable. I could go on for ages about how much she taught and inspired me as well as how genuine and lovely she was. I would love to meet her again as well as to travel the world like her and maybe even with her. It feels so surreal and I still can't believe that I met her.
Photo Credits: Brooke
12th February 2015, Thursday
I can't believe that Chinese New Year or Lunar New Year is exactly next Thursday. Our lab work went pretty smoothly today (Protein Gel Electrophoresis). Siyun, Joel and I bought some fruit juice before heading to LT25 for our PECT. Jun Jie kindly bought us Chicken Rice for lunch. After the PECT, we (together with Justin) walked to UTown together for our lecture. It was lovely sitting with them during lecture. After school, I walked to Clementi before meeting my sisters in JEM for a early dinner and window shopping for CNY clothes. We headed back home about 8 pm after I bought some chocolates.
13th February 2015, Friday - Another best day!
Last night, I decided to skip my elective lecture to host the Korean students that were visiting this afternoon and this was one of the best decisions that I made. The experiences and friendships I made will always remain in my heart. My morning started as per normal with our early morning lecture. Right after our first lecture, we headed to Kent Ridge station to pick up the 4 amazing, gorgeous, kind, friendly, cheerful, relatable, sweet and lovable ladies -Jessica (ìœ¤í•˜ì •), Julie (Jaeyeun), Ellie (YeonSoo Yoo) and Sophia (JaeYoun Yoo). For our school tour, we brought them to our Medicine Library, Microbiology lab in MD1, Dispensing lab in S4A, Town Plaza, Town Green, ERC, UT-Aud 3 and CAPT before heading to Spice Table for lunch. We decided to order a Yusheng on top of our main course for them to experience lou hei.
I really enjoyed myself very much chatting with them, getting to know them and making friends with them. They are friends that I would love to keep and stay in touch with. Throughout the whole tour and our messaging, they were so sweet and kind that they make me yearn to go to Korea so that I can see them again!
After lunch, we headed back to Kent Ridge where we separated. I went to Buona Vista and waited for my sisters. Thankfully, Buona Vista station has free WiFi! When my sisters finally arrived, we took the train to Orchard before my sisters had lunch (at Isetan). After lunch, we walked around Ion Orchard and Orchard Exchange window shopping for CNY clothes while waiting for my mum. When my mum arrived, we went for dinner at Isetan again before walking around Wheelock and Ion. We headed home at about 10 pm.
14th February 2015, Saturday
Even though it's Valentine's Day, I didn't do anything much today. My mum bought me shredded chicken horfun for lunch and she cooked dinner. You don't need to have a valentine to be happy or to feel loved. Sometimes, reflecting on the times spent with your family and friends can fill your heart with so much happiness and love.
15th February 2015, Sunday
I woke up at about 9.30 am, showered and got ready to go to my grandma's home for lunch. When we arrived, my toddler cousins were already here and we had loads of fun playing and chatting, My youngest cousin even attempted to use my compact camera (Canon Powershot SX600HS) to take photos of everyone and she's too adorable to bear. They are the most adorable children and they always warm my heart whenever they run to us and say, "I love you" or "I missed you" and hug us.
My ah ma and grandaunt cooked a feast - fried noodles (one of my favourite), chicken curry, fish maw soup, broccoli and har cheong kai. I really love spending time with my whole family.
At about 3.30pm, we headed to Pasir Ris with my eldest aunt for reunion dinner at my uncle's home. We had steamboat for dinner, Ben and Jerrys' ice cream for dessert as well as celebrated Jarrett's 21st birthday in advance. My older sister and I had a great time interacting with our niece and nephew (who are the same age as our toddler cousins in my paternal family) After dinner, we took a taxi home. I really love and enjoy spending time with my family.
16th February 2015, Monday
We had microbiology lab in the morning but we finished 1.5h in advance. Joel, Grace, Jun Jie, Tiffany, and I had lunch together at Science before taking the bus to UTown. Tiff, Grace and I headed to Mac Commons as we still had 2h before our lecture started. After school, I walked to Clementi before heading to the McDonald's near home to get dinner for my older sister and I.
17th December 2015, Tuesday
We had our usual early morning lecture but after lecture, Joel, Jun Jie, Grace and I headed to the lab together to collect our results for our microbiology labwork. Jun Jie, Grace, Siyun, Nic and I had lunch together at Science before we split up. Siyun, Nic and I bumped into Michelle before heading to NUH. After Nic bought his medications (get well soon, Nic :( ), we headed to the LT and sat there until lecture started. I bought lemon barley and lemon tea from the Science canteen and it was surprisingly delicious. After school, Siyun, Nic, Justin, YX and I walked to the MRT station together before heading home. When I reached home, my mum had prepared dinner for us (steamed fish, spinach with ikan bilis, roasted duck and lotus root soup. However, after dinner, it was heartbreaking to hear that my ah ma who brought me up fell and injured herself. Upon hearing that, I showered, packed my stuff and headed over to my grandma's home. When I reached her home at about 10.30pm, my aunts and uncle were about to bring her to the hospital. As I am writing this at 12.14 am, they have yet to return. I'm really hoping with all my heart that my grandma is fine...
18th February 2015, Wednesday
I didn't have school today as my lecturers cancelled classes due to Chinese / Lunar New Year's Eve.
Last night (or this morning depending on how you see it), I stayed up until 4 am waiting for my grandma. My grandma, aunts and uncle only came back from the hospital at about 5.30 am with the news that my grandma had fractured her left tibia. After settling my grandma down (who's in pain), my aunts and uncle left. My grandma woke me up at about 8.30 am this morning. It broke my heart to see my grandma in pain and to see her frustrated with her lack of mobility as she is a very active person (despite the fact that she's turning 78 years old this year). My grandma was also very stressed out as she was supposed to host the reunion dinner tonight. Thankfully, my mum came at about 12 noon to cook and help with the preparation while my sisters and I helped to decorate my grandma's home. Following that, my younger sister helped by chopping the ingredients for my ah ma's famous ngoh hiang and my younger sister and I worked together to make 2 heapful of ngoh hiang.
I took a nap in the afternoon and when I woke up, my twin cousins were here. Later in the evening, everyone came to enjoy the feast that my mum cooked - ngoh hiang, chicken curry, fish maw soup brocoli.
19th January 2015, Thursday
Today's the first day of Chinese New Year. I woke up at about 10.30 am and helped my mum to wrap the ang baos. After that we had some breakfast and got ready to go to our grandma's and aunt's home (they live in the same neighbourhood). We paid respects to the gods and pai nian to our parents before heading out. When we reached our grandma's home, we met my grandma, grandaunt, second granduncle (di gu gong) and his family as well as my youngest aunt (xiao gu) and her family. It was great fun playing with my little cousins and catching up with my granduncle's family as I haven't seen them for ages.
After which, we headed to my aunt's home at next block. Everyone was there except my uncle and his family. It was really lively and fun! We had the traditional rice vermicelli (mee sua) and Domino's pizza for lunch. After which, we headed back to my grandma's place to meet my oldest granduncle's (dua gu gong) family-25 of my aunts, uncles and distant cousins. Then, we headed back to my aunt's home for the Cedele Cakes (Cheesecake, Tiramisu and Carrot Cake) and we even had mini photoshoot in our aunt's corridor/balcony.
At about 6 pm, we headed back to my grandma's for dinner. My mum helped to cook dinner (Fish maw soup, Chicken Curry, Ngoh hiang, Fish Soup, Fried Chicken wings, vegetables and brocoli). It was like normal lively weekly Sunday gathering except that my oldest aunt's whole family was here (including my cousin's girlfriend). We had loads of fun chatting, playing with our little cousins and we even had a family photo with our grandma albeit separated by generation due to the lack of space in my grandma's hall.
20th February 2015, Friday
Normally on the second day of CNY, we were supposed to pay our respects to our ancestors at the cemeteries but this year, only the adults went as only my uncle drove (Bukit Brown and CCK). When my mum came home, we had lunch and prepared to go to my uncle's home in Pasir Ris to pay respects to my grandpa. My uncle cooked some noodles, chicken stew and curry. Everyone was there except my second aunt, Huiyun and 3 of our guy cousins. After that, we headed over to my second aunt's home at Tamppines for dinner. She's an excellent cook and she prepared fish fingers, brocoli with scallop, chap cai, toufu (hot plate style), Ngoh hiang and crab meat. After which, Huixin, Yuezhi, my sisters and I went to yz's room to unwind, chat and we even had fun taking photos together. My oldest aunt send my older sister and I to the expressway outside her home in a taxi. We then took the bus home. My younger sister and I continued the tradition of opening our red packets together.
21st February 2015, Saturday
Today was a rather relaxing day. My mum cooked prawns, seafood rolls, broccoli, braised chicken wings and mushrooms for lunch. We headed over to my third maternal aunt's home for dinner and yusheng (lou hei) with my eldest aunt and second aunt. We even managed to Skype Huiyun who's currently in US for her school exchange.
22nd February 2015, Sunday
I woke up at about 9 am and I changed my violin lesson to 11 am. However, since I was running late, I took a taxi to my teacher's (which cost $10.20). I headed over to my grandma's home for our weekly Sunday dinner at 6 pm (I climbed the stairs up while my mum and younger sister went first and my older sister later). It was great fun but my grandma was moving in with my eldest aunt's family for the time being due to her broken tibia. I'm looking forward to seeing my grandma more often as my aunt lives about 10 min walk away. My little cousins were afraid of the lion dance (I had to cuddle Wen Hsuan while my uncle calmed Jing down) and poor Jing has a fever. We helped to move my grandma's bag, equipment and wheelchair to my uncle's car. After sending my grandma to my aunt's, my uncle came back to fetch my sisters and cousins (Val and Owin) home. On the way, Val was being her usual jovial and playful self which really made me laugh.
23rd February 2015, Monday
My day started out with my sisters and I heading to McDonald's for Brunch and I had double filet o fish with corn and mango and pineapple smoothie.
After lunch, we took the bus to my aunt's home to visit my grandma. Even though my grandma went for her medical appointment from about 2.30 pm to 7.30 pm, we stayed there until about 9.30 pm. My youngest aunt even bought my little cousins over when they brought my grandma back. The happiness and excitement on their faces when they saw us was very heart-warming, sweet and they made my day and melted my heart (as always). Moreover, the way that they requested to sit with us and told us about their day made me feel extra special and loved. My aunt's domestic helper kindly cooked dinner for us (fish, broccoli, cauliflower and prawns as well as char siew and roasted pork) and we had dinner with my grandma and CY. After dinner, my sisters and I walked home together.
24th February 2015, Tuesday
Today was another lazy study day but I wish that I had been way more productive. My sisters and I are home alone and we had lunch and dinner together When my younger sister and I went down to get dinner, we also bought juice and soy milk and we even climbed the stairs together.
25th February 2015, Wednesday
Today was ren ri and another "lazy" day for me even though I studied quite a bit but I still wished that I could be more productive. I had Tom Yum noodles for lunch and Oyster Mee Sua for dinner (which my sisters bought).
26th February 2015, Thursday
Mom's on leave today and we have lovely home cooked food (chicken drumlets and stew pork for lunch, chup cai, roasted duck, spinach, fishball and meatball soup for dinner). It was lovely having my mum around but again I wish I was more productive. I was offered a place in KCL summer school this morning but I really don't know if I should accept and go. My younger sister and I had lovely talk during our evening walk and we climbed up the stairs together.
27th February 2015, Friday
My mum's on leave today as well and we woke up about 10 am for our prayer. My mum cooked a spread for the prayer today and we had some of the food for lunch.
In the evening, my sisters and I went to the mall nearby to print photos for my grandma as well as to get Starbucks (I had Honey Vanilla Macchiato). After that, we took the bus to our aunt's home to visit my grandma and when we reached home, we had dinner (vegetables, prawns, lotus root soup, char siew and roasted duck)
28th February 2015, Saturday
Today's one of my BFFs 21st birthday :) Happy birthday, Do (if you're reading this). We went out as a family for McDonald's breakfast together (I had Big breakfast with turkey bacon and orange juice). After breakfast, my mum and I headed home while my sisters went to Vivo, I spent most of today studying but I did take a nap and breaks in between. I was really touched when I realised that my mum rearranged my wardrobe for me while I was asleep. My mum even cut an apple, heated up ang ku kueh (one of my favourite Peranakan desserts) for me and she even cooked a spread for dinner (char siew, roasted pork, lotus root soup, steamed fish and chup cai)
This was how my February went.
There were loads of photos due to Chinese New Year celebrations. Do let me know if you would like me to have a separate post on how I generally celebrate Chinese / Lunar New Year in detail.
Have a great month ahead! ♡
13th February 2015, Friday - Another best day!
Last night, I decided to skip my elective lecture to host the Korean students that were visiting this afternoon and this was one of the best decisions that I made. The experiences and friendships I made will always remain in my heart. My morning started as per normal with our early morning lecture. Right after our first lecture, we headed to Kent Ridge station to pick up the 4 amazing, gorgeous, kind, friendly, cheerful, relatable, sweet and lovable ladies -Jessica (ìœ¤í•˜ì •), Julie (Jaeyeun), Ellie (YeonSoo Yoo) and Sophia (JaeYoun Yoo). For our school tour, we brought them to our Medicine Library, Microbiology lab in MD1, Dispensing lab in S4A, Town Plaza, Town Green, ERC, UT-Aud 3 and CAPT before heading to Spice Table for lunch. We decided to order a Yusheng on top of our main course for them to experience lou hei.
I really enjoyed myself very much chatting with them, getting to know them and making friends with them. They are friends that I would love to keep and stay in touch with. Throughout the whole tour and our messaging, they were so sweet and kind that they make me yearn to go to Korea so that I can see them again!
Really touched by their gifts and sweet gesture
14th February 2015, Saturday
Even though it's Valentine's Day, I didn't do anything much today. My mum bought me shredded chicken horfun for lunch and she cooked dinner. You don't need to have a valentine to be happy or to feel loved. Sometimes, reflecting on the times spent with your family and friends can fill your heart with so much happiness and love.
15th February 2015, Sunday
I woke up at about 9.30 am, showered and got ready to go to my grandma's home for lunch. When we arrived, my toddler cousins were already here and we had loads of fun playing and chatting, My youngest cousin even attempted to use my compact camera (Canon Powershot SX600HS) to take photos of everyone and she's too adorable to bear. They are the most adorable children and they always warm my heart whenever they run to us and say, "I love you" or "I missed you" and hug us.
My ah ma and grandaunt cooked a feast - fried noodles (one of my favourite), chicken curry, fish maw soup, broccoli and har cheong kai. I really love spending time with my whole family.
At about 3.30pm, we headed to Pasir Ris with my eldest aunt for reunion dinner at my uncle's home. We had steamboat for dinner, Ben and Jerrys' ice cream for dessert as well as celebrated Jarrett's 21st birthday in advance. My older sister and I had a great time interacting with our niece and nephew (who are the same age as our toddler cousins in my paternal family) After dinner, we took a taxi home. I really love and enjoy spending time with my family.
16th February 2015, Monday
We had microbiology lab in the morning but we finished 1.5h in advance. Joel, Grace, Jun Jie, Tiffany, and I had lunch together at Science before taking the bus to UTown. Tiff, Grace and I headed to Mac Commons as we still had 2h before our lecture started. After school, I walked to Clementi before heading to the McDonald's near home to get dinner for my older sister and I.
17th December 2015, Tuesday
We had our usual early morning lecture but after lecture, Joel, Jun Jie, Grace and I headed to the lab together to collect our results for our microbiology labwork. Jun Jie, Grace, Siyun, Nic and I had lunch together at Science before we split up. Siyun, Nic and I bumped into Michelle before heading to NUH. After Nic bought his medications (get well soon, Nic :( ), we headed to the LT and sat there until lecture started. I bought lemon barley and lemon tea from the Science canteen and it was surprisingly delicious. After school, Siyun, Nic, Justin, YX and I walked to the MRT station together before heading home. When I reached home, my mum had prepared dinner for us (steamed fish, spinach with ikan bilis, roasted duck and lotus root soup. However, after dinner, it was heartbreaking to hear that my ah ma who brought me up fell and injured herself. Upon hearing that, I showered, packed my stuff and headed over to my grandma's home. When I reached her home at about 10.30pm, my aunts and uncle were about to bring her to the hospital. As I am writing this at 12.14 am, they have yet to return. I'm really hoping with all my heart that my grandma is fine...
18th February 2015, Wednesday
I didn't have school today as my lecturers cancelled classes due to Chinese / Lunar New Year's Eve.
Last night (or this morning depending on how you see it), I stayed up until 4 am waiting for my grandma. My grandma, aunts and uncle only came back from the hospital at about 5.30 am with the news that my grandma had fractured her left tibia. After settling my grandma down (who's in pain), my aunts and uncle left. My grandma woke me up at about 8.30 am this morning. It broke my heart to see my grandma in pain and to see her frustrated with her lack of mobility as she is a very active person (despite the fact that she's turning 78 years old this year). My grandma was also very stressed out as she was supposed to host the reunion dinner tonight. Thankfully, my mum came at about 12 noon to cook and help with the preparation while my sisters and I helped to decorate my grandma's home. Following that, my younger sister helped by chopping the ingredients for my ah ma's famous ngoh hiang and my younger sister and I worked together to make 2 heapful of ngoh hiang.
I took a nap in the afternoon and when I woke up, my twin cousins were here. Later in the evening, everyone came to enjoy the feast that my mum cooked - ngoh hiang, chicken curry, fish maw soup brocoli.
19th January 2015, Thursday
Today's the first day of Chinese New Year. I woke up at about 10.30 am and helped my mum to wrap the ang baos. After that we had some breakfast and got ready to go to our grandma's and aunt's home (they live in the same neighbourhood). We paid respects to the gods and pai nian to our parents before heading out. When we reached our grandma's home, we met my grandma, grandaunt, second granduncle (di gu gong) and his family as well as my youngest aunt (xiao gu) and her family. It was great fun playing with my little cousins and catching up with my granduncle's family as I haven't seen them for ages.
After which, we headed to my aunt's home at next block. Everyone was there except my uncle and his family. It was really lively and fun! We had the traditional rice vermicelli (mee sua) and Domino's pizza for lunch. After which, we headed back to my grandma's place to meet my oldest granduncle's (dua gu gong) family-25 of my aunts, uncles and distant cousins. Then, we headed back to my aunt's home for the Cedele Cakes (Cheesecake, Tiramisu and Carrot Cake) and we even had mini photoshoot in our aunt's corridor/balcony.
At about 6 pm, we headed back to my grandma's for dinner. My mum helped to cook dinner (Fish maw soup, Chicken Curry, Ngoh hiang, Fish Soup, Fried Chicken wings, vegetables and brocoli). It was like normal lively weekly Sunday gathering except that my oldest aunt's whole family was here (including my cousin's girlfriend). We had loads of fun chatting, playing with our little cousins and we even had a family photo with our grandma albeit separated by generation due to the lack of space in my grandma's hall.
Normally on the second day of CNY, we were supposed to pay our respects to our ancestors at the cemeteries but this year, only the adults went as only my uncle drove (Bukit Brown and CCK). When my mum came home, we had lunch and prepared to go to my uncle's home in Pasir Ris to pay respects to my grandpa. My uncle cooked some noodles, chicken stew and curry. Everyone was there except my second aunt, Huiyun and 3 of our guy cousins. After that, we headed over to my second aunt's home at Tamppines for dinner. She's an excellent cook and she prepared fish fingers, brocoli with scallop, chap cai, toufu (hot plate style), Ngoh hiang and crab meat. After which, Huixin, Yuezhi, my sisters and I went to yz's room to unwind, chat and we even had fun taking photos together. My oldest aunt send my older sister and I to the expressway outside her home in a taxi. We then took the bus home. My younger sister and I continued the tradition of opening our red packets together.
21st February 2015, Saturday
Today was a rather relaxing day. My mum cooked prawns, seafood rolls, broccoli, braised chicken wings and mushrooms for lunch. We headed over to my third maternal aunt's home for dinner and yusheng (lou hei) with my eldest aunt and second aunt. We even managed to Skype Huiyun who's currently in US for her school exchange.
I woke up at about 9 am and I changed my violin lesson to 11 am. However, since I was running late, I took a taxi to my teacher's (which cost $10.20). I headed over to my grandma's home for our weekly Sunday dinner at 6 pm (I climbed the stairs up while my mum and younger sister went first and my older sister later). It was great fun but my grandma was moving in with my eldest aunt's family for the time being due to her broken tibia. I'm looking forward to seeing my grandma more often as my aunt lives about 10 min walk away. My little cousins were afraid of the lion dance (I had to cuddle Wen Hsuan while my uncle calmed Jing down) and poor Jing has a fever. We helped to move my grandma's bag, equipment and wheelchair to my uncle's car. After sending my grandma to my aunt's, my uncle came back to fetch my sisters and cousins (Val and Owin) home. On the way, Val was being her usual jovial and playful self which really made me laugh.
23rd February 2015, Monday
My day started out with my sisters and I heading to McDonald's for Brunch and I had double filet o fish with corn and mango and pineapple smoothie.
After lunch, we took the bus to my aunt's home to visit my grandma. Even though my grandma went for her medical appointment from about 2.30 pm to 7.30 pm, we stayed there until about 9.30 pm. My youngest aunt even bought my little cousins over when they brought my grandma back. The happiness and excitement on their faces when they saw us was very heart-warming, sweet and they made my day and melted my heart (as always). Moreover, the way that they requested to sit with us and told us about their day made me feel extra special and loved. My aunt's domestic helper kindly cooked dinner for us (fish, broccoli, cauliflower and prawns as well as char siew and roasted pork) and we had dinner with my grandma and CY. After dinner, my sisters and I walked home together.
24th February 2015, Tuesday
Today was another lazy study day but I wish that I had been way more productive. My sisters and I are home alone and we had lunch and dinner together When my younger sister and I went down to get dinner, we also bought juice and soy milk and we even climbed the stairs together.
25th February 2015, Wednesday
Today was ren ri and another "lazy" day for me even though I studied quite a bit but I still wished that I could be more productive. I had Tom Yum noodles for lunch and Oyster Mee Sua for dinner (which my sisters bought).
26th February 2015, Thursday
Mom's on leave today and we have lovely home cooked food (chicken drumlets and stew pork for lunch, chup cai, roasted duck, spinach, fishball and meatball soup for dinner). It was lovely having my mum around but again I wish I was more productive. I was offered a place in KCL summer school this morning but I really don't know if I should accept and go. My younger sister and I had lovely talk during our evening walk and we climbed up the stairs together.
27th February 2015, Friday
My mum's on leave today as well and we woke up about 10 am for our prayer. My mum cooked a spread for the prayer today and we had some of the food for lunch.
In the evening, my sisters and I went to the mall nearby to print photos for my grandma as well as to get Starbucks (I had Honey Vanilla Macchiato). After that, we took the bus to our aunt's home to visit my grandma and when we reached home, we had dinner (vegetables, prawns, lotus root soup, char siew and roasted duck)
I practised my violin for about an hour and it felt so good to release all my stress, sadness and frustration through music. Sadly, my violin's E string fine tuner spoilt :( Today was a very tough day for me.
Today's one of my BFFs 21st birthday :) Happy birthday, Do (if you're reading this). We went out as a family for McDonald's breakfast together (I had Big breakfast with turkey bacon and orange juice). After breakfast, my mum and I headed home while my sisters went to Vivo, I spent most of today studying but I did take a nap and breaks in between. I was really touched when I realised that my mum rearranged my wardrobe for me while I was asleep. My mum even cut an apple, heated up ang ku kueh (one of my favourite Peranakan desserts) for me and she even cooked a spread for dinner (char siew, roasted pork, lotus root soup, steamed fish and chup cai)
This was how my February went.
There were loads of photos due to Chinese New Year celebrations. Do let me know if you would like me to have a separate post on how I generally celebrate Chinese / Lunar New Year in detail.
Have a great month ahead! ♡









































Comments
Post a Comment