Get Healthy With Me: Banana Pancakes
Hello friends!!
Welcome to Christmas Week, Christmas Special Day 2! Countdown to Christmas: 1 more day! (Since I'm typing this at 12.50 am on 24 December).
Firstly, I would love to start by thanking all of you for your support. Your views are keeping me motivated :) Do feel free to chat with me in the chatbox at the middle box of my blog or via Twitter. As part of the Christmas Special, I will be having a follow spree on Twitter from now to Christmas. The conditions are you have to follow me on Twitter and tweet me with the following hashtag #ChristmasSpecial :D
Firstly, I would love to start by thanking all of you for your support. Your views are keeping me motivated :) Do feel free to chat with me in the chatbox at the middle box of my blog or via Twitter. As part of the Christmas Special, I will be having a follow spree on Twitter from now to Christmas. The conditions are you have to follow me on Twitter and tweet me with the following hashtag #ChristmasSpecial :D
And since it is the Christmas Specials and that Christmas is coming, I would love to share this healthy, all natural banana pancakes recipe that I have perfected :) It's lovely to switch things up a bit and eat something healthy. My body sometimes crave healthy and whole foods when I have been eating junk food and takeaways too often. This is one of my go-to breakfast that I will have if I have the time to prepare, sit down and eat.
The pancakes are delicious and they taste like banana flavoured pancakes. It's way more tasty and healthier than the ready made pancakes mix. This recipe was inspired by Blogilates and Tess Christine on YouTube.
The pancakes are very easy to make and only require 3 main ingredients.
You will need
- 1 ripe medium banana
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- Butter / Oil / Non-stick spray (I used Olive Oil Margarine)
- Frying Pan
- 1 flat spatula to flip the pancakes
- Blender (optional but much easier with it)
- 1 ripe medium banana
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- Butter / Oil / Non-stick spray (I used Olive Oil Margarine)
- Frying Pan
- 1 flat spatula to flip the pancakes
- Blender (optional but much easier with it)
Method:
1) Peel the banana and put it into your blender. Use your hands to break the banana into smaller pieces if the banana doesn't fit into your blender. (If you do not have a blender, mash up the banana with a fork in a bowl until the consistency you want)
2) Crack 2 whole eggs into the blender. (If you do not have a blender, mix the eggs with the mashed banana)
3) Measure 1/2 cup of rolled oats and add it to the blender. (If you do not have a blender, mix the rolled oats into your mixture.)
4) Start the blender and blend the mixture to the consistency of your choice. It should be in a batter like consistency.
5) Heat the pan and add butter / oil / non-stick spray
6) Adjust to medium heat.
7) Pour some batter into the pan and rotate the pan to spread the batter out to the thickness that you like.
8) When you start to see bubbles forming on the surface of the pancakes, flip the pancake. The pancake should be golden brown.
9) When both sides are golden brown, remove the pancake from the pan.
10) Repeat steps 7 to 10 until all the batter is used up.
12) Plate the pancakes and serve. You can top the pancakes with maple syrup or fruits.
Enjoy!!! :) Do let me know if you like these kind of recipes. MERRY CHRISTMAS, lovelies :)


Comments
Post a Comment