Follow my heart: Winter Wishlist


Hello friends!!! Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day!! I'm very sorry for my late and delayed post but welcome to another Christmas Special!

Since most of you may know, I was born in and had always lived in Singapore. Singapore is a tropical country whereby it's summer all year round with loads of rain. The closest we could ever get to snowfall was a hailstorm. Thus, it will not come as a surprise to you that I have yet to see actual snowfall (snow falling from the sky). However, I was lucky enough to see snow or ice on the ground during my National Parks Tour in US which have me a taste of what winter could look like. I fell in love with it.

On the other hand, Singapore does not have a strong culture of Christmas and not everyone celebrates Christmas. Unfortunately, I'm sad to say that my family does not really celebrate Christmas. I will always remember the year when I was 6; that's one of the Christmas-es that was celebrated - my mum left me a Hello Kitty documents folder on my desk on Christmas morning. It really made my day and made me feel so happy and special.

However, there is one Christmas tradition that almost all Singaporeans have: To see the Christmas lights designs along the whole stretch of Orchard Road (Nearest train station: Dhouby Ghaut, Somerset and Orchard)

Without further ado, this is my winter wishlist:
1) To witness all 4 seasons in another country
2) See snowfall from the sky
3) Have snowball fights
4) Build Snowmen
5) Make snow angels
6) Learn to Ice Skate / Figure Skate
7) Learn to ski
8) Visit Christmas Markets especially in UK and Europe
9) Celebrate Christmas in another country as well as experience different Christmas culture and feel.
10) Put up a real Christmas tree with presents underneath.
11) Put up Christmas Stockings.
12) Have a White Christmas
13) Watch Doctor Who especially the Christmas Specials
14) Celebrate Christmas with my whole family.
15) Give Christmas presents to my family and close friends. (Maybe I'll start the tradition next year)

It's now 1.30 am on Boxing Day. Here's my family wishing yours a very merry Christmas and happy Boxing Day!! ♡

L to R: Aunt, my younger sister, my older sister, me and mum ♡

Thank you very much for your support and for reading all the way to the end. I'll see you real soon!! You can always chat with me in the chatbox at the center of the blog or on Twitter (@AdeleneMusic)

Goodnight, my lovelies.

Comments

Popular Posts